Mental health and wellbeing is about thoughts, feelings and relationships and comes up in all areas of your life. Your mental health can change at different times and is affected by many different things.
There are things you can do to look after your mental health:
1. Stay Connected- it's important to stay in touch with people, especially when you're down. Even if you don't feel like it, being around other people and talking can improve your mood.
2. Get Active - regular activity has been proven to have a positive effect on your mood and mental well being - dance, walk, run, playing sport, gardening, whatever it is, get moving!
3. Take Notice - check out what is happening around you, be in the moment and try to experience what you are doing, this is good for your wellbeing and can stop you worrying about the future or dwelling on the past.
4. Learn - achieving a goal or learning something new can increase your confidence and boost your wellbeing.
5. Give - giving can be very rewarding and help you build connections - volunteer some time for a cause, help out a neighbor or help in your community, give to a good cause, buy a stranger a coffee - however big or small giving can give you a boost.